Get advice and instruction on how to take your world building art to the next level from a leading fantasy illustrator!
Look no further for the perfect how-to guide for art students who intend to pursue careers illustrating computer games, children’s books, and graphic novels, or fantasy art enthusiasts who want to bring the fantastic worlds they’ve always dreamed of to life. This book includes comprehensive instructions on the techniques required for capturing fantastic buildings, alien architecture, and alternate realities.
This book’s opening chapter analyzes traditional architectural shapes that include arches, columns, towers, vaults, and buttresses. The following chapters apply principles of lighting, shadow, and perspective to the architectural forms, and discuss ways of creating surface textures and adding dramatic atmosphere to illustrations. As they go along, readers are guided through a series of projects of increasing complexity in which they create illustrations dominated by fantasy castles, palaces, dungeons, and more.
In this book you’ll find:
- 250 color illustrations for reference and inspiration
- Introduction to basic architectural forms like arches, columns, and towers
- Techniques for creating texture and atmosphere
- Guidance on lighting, shadow, and perspective
- Confidence to take your designs to the next level!
There are no reviews yet.